Sunday, October 18, 2015


So for a new little project I recovered an old stained office chair.  Looks as though it's water damage or stained.  I did not want to bother cleaning it, so I made a quick slip cover for it.


I had some fabric that has been with me for a few years that I haven't used yet.  It's a pretty dark color and adds a unique style.
 After choosing the fabric, I took the easiest and fastest way to create an easy slip cover.  I simple cut it roughly around the shape of the chair and left the bottom open.  I sewed up the sides and hemmed the bottom leaving a 3/4" seam hem in order to thread small ribbon through so I could slip it and gather and tie it to secure the fit.  I chose white thread for this in order to show how this was done.
 After this was threaded I did the same thing to the seat.  This took only about 30 minutes and the great thing is that it can be taken off and gently washed.

No comments:

Post a Comment