Sunday, March 24, 2013

fun!recycled clothingrecycled clothing toprecycled clothes - like the funky color combo!Upcycling Shirts Tutorials.recycled clothing tutorials - Google Search


 
Ok, so here is my new interest. There is something about taking something old and ugly and making it fresh and new. Much like painting a room in your house, it just adds a whole new personality. So, with quilting being a new interest as well, it has led me to this, recycled clothing. I really like Pinterest for this reason http://pinterest.com/happigirlgifts/ . I found all these items there, which you can find in my recycled clothing board.

Thrift stores have been a favorite of mine since shopping with my mom and grandma when I was young. Didn't NEED to go there, but we did because of all the treasures you could find. I recall when I was a kid the Salvation Army was the place where you could buy skirts and shorts for 10 cents. So, with my dollar in hand I was able to have a ball. One day I will have my thrift shop, but until then I will play around at home. With regard to recycled clothing this brings all new meaning to the thrift store experience. With just looking at a few of the photos I've attached you can see where a combination of items can be turned into one awesome and unique style statement.
I already was able to turn two tired t-shirt type tops into better fitting cute tank tops to wear for summer. Keep in mind recycled clothing is a culture all its own for designers and buyers. Beautiful possibilities are never ending. Recycling anything is fun; I especially like recycling tin cans, which I am building up a supply again in order to make more organizers. Such fun!!!
pinterest-35179.html

Now what I have discovered about myself this week is that just because I love something like this that doesn't mean it has to consume me.  For some reason I get this mindset that I MUST create whatever it is I see.  This is not the case; I have time to dabble with all my interests. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment