Thursday, June 6, 2013

So I took an hour and made my mom this eye cover out of scraps.  On the back I used some flannel which will be soft and dark as to keep out the light of day.  I am starting to think that I can really get busy on this if I were to just recycle these from old clothing, I will get a variety of materials and won't cost much of anything.  What I like is that they are pretty fast.  If I can communicate with my new Singer Curvy machine it would go faster.  But of course it is new, and we're still getting to know each other.  I do love all the easy stitch choices and the push button design.  Button holes is something I need to work on, since I've only done a button hole once.  Of course it was easy on granny's old Kenmore that I still love. 

I will keep moving forward with creativity.  Mom sent me a surprise box of quilting squared in all sorts of colors.  I think I'll try to put together 3 to 5 quilt tops over the summer.  This would be a huge accomplishment.  I also keep putting off starting to make homemade Christmas decorations.  I think summer is a good time for that, however summers here in Northern Utah are perfect so spending time outside is something I take advantage of.

No comments:

Post a Comment